7.25.2548

MEET ME AT THE SUPERMARKET (STUPID SUPERMARKET)

well since my baby left me, since my baby quit / i've been going down alone to the supermarket / i been so lonely, i been so lonely, i been so lonely i could die ...

i've been going down to the supermarket alone
was wondering since when did it become the loneliest place in the world
till i said hello to the check-out girl

she told me there's a new place open 24 hours a day
i'm thinking of signing up i might as well do something with my lonely nights
and get paid

so now i got a nametag with my full name on it
so you could look me up in the book and call if you wanted
even if only to carry your bags
i'd be honoured

meet me at the supermarket - see me down the aisle
do it someday soon - today, tomorrow or at least before i die
meet me at the supermarket just by fruit & veg
they can put a "special" sign up where we finally met


old mama juicy lucy from fruit & veg
she spiked me tea, i got wobbly and nearly fainted
luckily she caught me but then she held me too long to her enormous breasts

patting my head going "there, there pet"
she had tears in her eyes & booze on her breath
tears in her eyes & booze on her breath
amazing what people do to fight lonliness

see me at the supermarket - see me down the aisle
see me someday soon - today, tomorrow or at least before i die
i'll be at the supermarket just by fruit & veg
they can put a "special" sign up where we finally met


and someday i'll see an old school teacher in the aisle, smile and say hello
and she'll assume this is just a holiday job i've got
and then look shocked when she asks where it is i'm going to college
and i go this is it - your bright kid's stacking shelves in this stupid supermarket

save me from this supermarket - help me down the aisle
do it someday soon or i'm sure i'll die
save me from the stupid supermarket - we'll be escaping down the aisles
save me from the stupid supermarket
and i might get to ask your name when we're out of it