1.07.2552

Etc:: Set for Yesterday; Not for Today (yet)



Esplanade loves paperwork. I signed a lot of paper yesterday: 30 pages of contract, form for keys, form to give permission for someone to film me... (and don't come and talk to me if I am on the black carpet after the show or a guy w/ a walkie-talkie will come and get you). So it's no surprise I have to type up what Etc played yesterday. And since I did, here it is. Obviously I will post it everywhere I can. Especially flattered I had requests to honour. It's also handy since it shows how many Etc didn't get played. They'll be more likely contenders for tonight's "Etc After Stars" show. I might do the LEA SALONGA one again since we're sharing the same backstage.

PADLESS (for Lea Cinderella Salonga)
FARE DODGER
BRING ME MY DUNCE'S CAP
PRETTY FALL
(BITCHING IN THE KITCHEN) SHELVES
BIG GIRL'S BLOUSE(D)
EX'S CASSETTES

half-hour break during which I wrote out the lyrics to a brand-new song I didn't then play

I WANNA BE YOUR DOG (Stooges cover in memory of Ron Asheton)
JUST A DREAM
DUMB WAITER (dedicated to Harold Pinter?)
HANDPHONES ON THE DANCEFLOOR (request)
DANCING TO THE SMITHS (request)
PETER PANIC

"Encore" NOTHING LIKE EXPECTATION (request)
(...ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD excerpt)